To serve as a host, planner and coordinator of alumni events in your area that engage alumni of East Stroudsburg University in a meaningful way and encourages continued participation from those alumni attending those events. Regional alumni events can be for all alumni in the area or promoted towards a certain affinity group.
The Office of Alumni Engagement will assist you in the following areas if you wish to host an event in your location:
- Provide a list of ESU alumni in geographic area.
- Advertise the event on esualumni.org as well as through alumni event emails.
- Follow up from an Office of Alumni Engagement staff member after each event.
- Attendance from an Office of Alumni Engagement staff member if available.
- Role of ARCs:
- Identify and book an appropriate venue to hold the event in your area based on the type of event you are holding (i.e. caareer networking, social, cultural, etc.).
- Seek additional volunteers to help coordinate the event.
- Work with the Office of Alumni Engagement staff to market your event.
- Serve as the point of contact for alumni in your area to answer questions regarding the event.
- Work with Office of Alumni Engagement to collect registration fees (if any) for the event or work with the alumni office to set up an online registration on the alumni website.
- Report all attendees at your alumni event to the Office of Alumni Engagement in a timely manner. Collect a sign-up sheet of attendees at each event with name, contact information and email address.
Due to economic constraints, the Office of Alumni Engagement cannot pay for your event. We ask hosts to consider the cost per alumni when planning your event, keeping it simple (i.e. meet and greet, happy hour after work, etc.).
If you are interested in learning more about how to become an ARC, please contact:
Leon John, Jr.
Director of Alumni Engagement
Office of University Advancement
Henry A. Ahnert Jr. Alumni Center
200 Prospect Street
East Stroudsburg, PA 18301
Or fill out the form here.